Graphic Designer & Project Manager | December 2019-Present
- Work with editorial and business teams across the organization to ensure brand consistency
- Elevate the brand and enhance the visual presentation of Chalkbeat’s journalism by developing an illustration strategy and maintaining photo archives
- Manage relationship with CMS provider (Chorus by Vox), prioritize and track feature requests, build internal help documentation, and train new hires on CMS
- Led the product launch of the Philadelphia bureau and migration of the digital archives of The Notebook by coordinating with cross-functional teams to ensure editorial integrity
LAUREN BRYANT DESIGN
Founder & Creative Director | 2015-Present
- Key art design, logo and branding, print collateral, digital media, and web design
- Specializing in working with theatre companies, performing and visual artists, non-profit organizations, and entrepreneurs
- Select clients: Anthropologie, Chestnut Hill Conservancy & Historical Society, Good Good Comedy, Haven Adoptions, Philadelphia Youth Network, Rethink Education, Stageplays Theatre Company
Adjunct Professor | Fall 2018
Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, Department of Digital Media
- Taught Creative Concept Design to a class of 15 undergraduate design students
Graphic Design Intern | Junior Designer | Designer, Creative Services | 2015-2017
- Designed and produced print and digital materials for all departments (marketing, development, community engagement, and the school)
- Grew Instagram followers by 42% within the first 4 months of managing social media accounts
- Managed production of Playbill booklets and coordinated with print vendors to ensure high-quality products and timely delivery
- Maintained digital archives, company website, and retouched photos
Design Intern | January, June-August 2015
- Assisted in creating key art for major Broadway musicals
- Explored typography for show titles and campaigns
- Prepared internal and client presentations
- Conducted photo stock research for mood boards and comp designs
Personal Assistant to world-traveling professional chef | 2008-2015
- Designed postcards, business cards, brochures, menus, and event invitations
- Managed blog, social media, and client database
- Conducted correspondence with new business partners
- Wrote and transcribed biographical stories and articles
SRCCON: Product | February 2020
A participant-led interactive conference for 150 product thinkers working at the intersection of product and news.
Make a Mark | October 2019
Volunteered as a designer in a 12-hour creative make-a-thon benefitting local humanitarian causes.
Gap International Breakthrough Intensive | January 2019
Three-day intensive focusing on generating new thinking methodology.
AIGA Philadelphia Programming Committee Member | 2018-2019
Planned, coordinated, and designed promotional materials for AIGA Philadelphia events.
Feminist Incubator | 2018
Online business strategy course for creative entrepreneurs.
University of Delaware
Bachelor of Fine Arts: Visual Communications, Cum Laude | 2015
Honors Program and Dean’s List | 2011-2015
VCUK London Study Abroad | 2014
Pre-College Program | 2010
Courses in studio art and writing
Awards & Shows
Modern-Day Griot Theatre
Featured Artist and Event Photographer | March 2016
See, Hear, Taste, Touch celebrates Women’s Month with an art gallery and one-act play festival.
Women of Promise
Honoree | April 2014
Recognition for exceptional undergraduate women, nominated by a tenured female faculty member.
Skills & Software
Graphic Design, Illustration, Photography, Project Management, Account Development, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, FinalCut Pro, Asana, Airtable, Basecamp, Calendly, Figma, GSuite, Mailchimp, Microsoft Office Suite, Slack, Toggl, Typeform, Wave, WordPress, Wix, Zapier, Zoom
© Lauren Bryant Design. All images belong to Lauren Bryant Design.