Creative Specialist | April 2023-Present
- Freelance design and illustration for B2B marketing and communications agency
LAUREN BRYANT DESIGN
Founder & Creative Director | 2015-Present
- Branding, illustration, print, digital, marketing, and web design for clients across industries including education, non-profit, arts & entertainment, fashion, fitness
- Select clients: Anthropologie, The Franklin Institute, Chestnut Hill Conservancy & Historical Society, Good Good Comedy, Haven Adoptions, Philadelphia Youth Network, Rethink Education, Stageplays Theatre Company
- Collaborate directly with clients, lead presentations and feedback discussions, implement feedback from multiple stakeholders, and maintain organized systems of project management
CIVIC NEWS COMPANY
Digital Designer | July-December 2022
Graphic Designer & Project Manager | December 2019-July 2022
- Worked across editorial and business teams to ensure brand consistency across external and internal materials including digital ads, fundraising campaigns, event promotions, social media, callouts, email templates, presentation decks, annual reports, business cards, etc.
- Developed visual brand for a new vertical: Votebeat, a newsroom focusing on election coverage
- Enhanced the visual presentation of Chalkbeat’s journalism by developing an illustration style for feature stories and collaborated with the photo editor on photo illustrations and story layouts
- Managed CMS migration of archives and launch of a new bureau. Prioritized and tracked feature requests, built internal help documentation, trained new hires on the platform, and coordinated with cross-functional teams to ensure editorial integrity, brand consistency, and legal compliances
- Maintained internal team documentation, request form, and project management tools
- Designed assets for Giving Tuesday Now campaign, the biggest single day of fundraising in company history, bringing in over $12K in revenue and garnering 100 new subscribers
- Led redesign of event listing system to automate and monetize the service
Adjunct Professor | Fall 2018
Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, Department of Digital Media
- Taught Creative Concept Design to a class of 15 undergraduate design students
Designer, Creative Services | September 2016 – October 2017
Junior Designer | March 2016 – September 2016
Graphic Design Intern | December 2015 – March 2016
- Designed and produced print and digital materials for all departments (marketing, development, community engagement, and the school)
- Grew Instagram followers from 8k to 19k within the first 4 months of managing social media accounts
- Managed production of Playbill booklets and coordinated with print vendors to ensure high-quality products and timely delivery
- Maintained digital archives, company website, and retouched photos
Design Intern | January, June-August 2015
- Assisted in creating key art for major Broadway musicals
- Explored typography for show titles and campaigns
- Prepared internal and client presentations
- Conducted photo stock research for mood boards and comp designs
Personal Assistant to world-traveling professional chef | 2008-2015
- Designed postcards, business cards, brochures, menus, and event invitations
- Managed blog, social media, and client database
- Conducted correspondence with new business partners
CONFIG | April 2021
Virtually attended Figma’s annual conference including sessions on creative collaboration, scaling a design team, and team culture.
SRCCON: Product | February 2020
A participant-led interactive conference for 150 product thinkers working at the intersection of product and news.
Make a Mark | October 2019
Volunteered as a designer in a 12-hour creative make-a-thon benefitting local humanitarian causes.
Gap International Breakthrough Intensive | January 2019
Three-day intensive focusing on generating new thinking methodology.
AIGA Philadelphia Programming Committee Member | 2018-2019
Planned, coordinated, and designed promotional materials for AIGA Philadelphia events.
Feminist Incubator | 2018
Online business strategy course for creative entrepreneurs.
University of Delaware
Bachelor of Fine Arts: Visual Communications, Cum Laude | 2015
Honors Program and Dean’s List | 2011-2015
VCUK London Study Abroad | 2014
Pre-College Program | 2010
Courses in studio art and writing
Awards & Shows
Modern-Day Griot Theatre
Featured Artist and Event Photographer | March 2016
See, Hear, Taste, Touch celebrates Women’s Month with an art gallery and one-act play festival.
Women of Promise
Honoree | April 2014
Recognition for exceptional undergraduate women, nominated by a tenured female faculty member.
Skills & Software
Graphic Design, Illustration, Photography, Project Management, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Asana, Airtable, Basecamp, Calendly, Figma, Google Suite, Mailchimp, Microsoft Office Suite, Slack, Toggl, Typeform, Wave, WordPress, Wix, Zapier, Zoom
© Lauren Bryant Design. All images belong to Lauren Bryant Design.